- Last Updated: 19 October 2013
Welcome to the Berner International Working Group
for improving the health and lifespan of the Bernese Mountain Dog.
This site will present a collection of links and resources about meetings, research and other initiatives aiming to fight the diseases specific to Bernese Mountain Dogs.
Next symposium and IWG meeting
- Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The French club will host an IWG meeting in September 2017.
Location: South of Orléans, Nouan le Fuselier
Program for the weekend so far:
- Friday September 15th, 2017
- 12.00 Lunch
- 13:30 IWG meeting
- C. André and B. Hedan on the progress of their research
- Breeding matters by the breeding specialist of the National School of Veterinary Medicine of Alfort, France
- IWG matters. Progress and plans for health projects by club representatives
- 19.30 Dinner
- Saturday September 16th,
- A visit to one of the most beautiful castles of the Loire River.
- Alternatively: Character tests and judging of babies and puppies.
- Sunday September 17th:
- French National Specialty for Swiss Mountain Dogs.
The Dutch club VBSH has kindly offered to host the next health symposium and an IWG meeting.
These events will be held in The Netherlands in August 2018 in conjunction with the World Dog Show.
More information will follow when available.
Histiocytic Sarcoma pre-tests
- Last Updated: 20 February 2015
There are two providers of genetic tests for Histiocytic Sarcoma, the French company Antagene and the German club SSV.
Both tests are "pre tests". That is, they do not give you a diagnosis, but an estimate of your dog's risk of developing HS.
For details about these tests see the "Heath links" page.